Research Centre "Energy and Environment" at TU Vienna
The Research Centre "Energy and Envrionment" cross-links the research groups at the TU Vienna and acts as internal and external contact point.
The "virtual" Research Centre E+E is a coordination platform and set up free of organisational boarders such as institutes or faculties. It is organised as an open network and bundled up in a central management node. It acts as a communication- and project platform for the researchers at the TU Vienna in order to enable new ideas and the cooperation within innovative interdisciplinary projects and to develop holistic solutions across faculties. It is anticipated that this initiative will foster internal synergies and increase the public awareness, as well as the awareness of funding authorities and clients concerning the competences of the TU Vienna.
External openness and willingness for cooperation are a matter of course and necessary. Within the framework of the research focus point the expansion and intensification of cooperations with other Austrian universities, industry and communities is fostered, as well as the internationalisation of research.
Service features (internal and external)
- Information and contact point
- Contact for research in energy and environment at TU Vienna (internal / external)
- Intermediation of energy and environment experts of the TU Vienna (internal / external)
- Networking and potentials
- Integration of E+U research groups at TU Vienna (internal)
- Project initiation and management of interdisciplinary cooperations in energy and environment related activities of TU Vienna (internal / external)
- Formulation of concepts for the strategic development of the research focus point Energy and Environment (internal)
- Publication of the energy and environment research landscape of the TU Vienna (internal / external)
- Communication with research promotion agencies, ministries and public organisations, associations and agencies (external)
The Research Centre supports all energy and environmental relevant subjects at the Vienna University of Technology and assists researchers in their interdisciplinary communication and cooperation. The single institutes, departments and researchers are invited to participate, cooperate and develop.